Monday, October 5, 2009

Happy Birthday, Xander!

It's hard to believe that 5 years ago this goofy little guy, the Xanderman, joined our family. He has definitely kept us on our toes since that October day five years ago.

Birthday balloons!


When Xander arrived at preschool he saw the cute birthday sign hanging next to the classroom door and was greeted with a huge "Happy Birthday!" from his teachers.

A present from his sister...can you believe it was a Star Wars figure?

Oh, my!!! Lots more Star Wars guys!!


5 things I love about my Xander:

  • how goofy he is
  • how his two front teeth rest on his bottom lip when he smiles
  • his great imagination
  • how he picks flowers for me whenever we take a walk
  • how he tells me that I'm the most beautiful mommy and gives me big hugs



Xander's Favorites at 5:

Color: Yellow
Food: Hamburger
Movie: The Clone Wars
Book: Berenstein Bears, Dorrie the Witch, any Star Wars book
Toy: Star Wars
Animal: Cobra (this one was new!)
Sport: Baseball
Thing to Do: play with his Star Wars guys (shocker!)
Fruit: Strawberries
Vegetable: Beans
Music: Pirate music
Holiday: Easter, Christmas, and Halloween
Candy: Swedish Fish
Dessert: vanilla ice-cream
Season: Fall
Restaurant: Freddie's
Temple: Salt Lake City
Scripture Story: Captain Moroni
Place to go: Walmart to buy Star Wars guys
He wants to be a policeman when he grows up.
His best friends are Nathan and Solomon.

Happy Birthday, my sweet little Xander!

7 comments:

HeavenlyHome said...

Where does the time go...I'm reaching for a Kleenex! I must be pregnant....

Sommer said...

He is adorable! I love how he picks you flowers and tell you you are beautiful... he gonna be a good husband someday! It cracks me up how much he loves star wars!

mary said...

Happy Birthday, Xander! He was just a little guy when we left. He would be such good friends with my boys!

mom2beachbums said...

Awww, 5 year old boys are the best! I enjoyed reading his favorites and he has so many similarities to my soon to be 5 year old. Happy Birthday!

BryanSchaeffer.blogspot.com said...

Happy Happy Birthday Xanderman!! I love my nephew Xander so much! He is wierd (in a good way) and imaginative and we need more people like that in this world! You give him a big hug from me.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet boy. It is really hard to believe he is 5. It looks like he had a great birthday! Happy Birthday Xander! We love you guys!!

Jared and Kelly said...

What a cutie. Not too many boys are so sweet with their moms, are they? I don't know. But it seems like he is so very sweet! I am sad that I don't get to see him but what has seemed like once a year the past few years. Please tell him that his Aunt Kelly loves and misses him!