Monday, February 21, 2011

A Much Needed Update

My mother-in-law told David that she missed my blog, a great motivating statement to get me back on track. I've kinda fallen away from the blogging world because the months of January and February have been rather uneventful. And yet, as I've thought about what to update, there have been some fun things we've been doing to keep ourselves busy. Let's start with Savannah...

  • The winter months always bring indoor soccer. Although Savannah's team has not been doing that great, Savannah has been playing really well. Savannah's coach has her playing defense, a great position for one so competitive and tough as she is.


  • The kids have enjoyed the few snow days we've had. Here is Savannah with our tree that got blown over in the vicious wind we had a few weeks ago.

  • We've had two Keepers meetings this year - the first was in January, the topic: Cleaning and Organization. I got to tackle that very boring subject and it was definitely not as successful as our February activity, machine sewing. The girls learned how to use a sewing machine and even made their own pillowcases!

Look at that concentration!
Preparing the fabric...
What a great new pillowcase! Savannah did such a great job.

  • Savannah has been steadily reading the Harry Potter series and has almost finished #4, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
  • Twice a month she attends Activity Days at the church.
  • She has been extremely busy with her schoolwork, learning her multiplication facts as well as tackling division. She has done a lot of reading as well as various writing assignments.
  • One of her favorite things in the whole world right now is Monster High, a bunch of dolls such as Frankie Stein, Cleo de Nile, and Draculaura. She received most of them for Christmas and I can often find her up in her room playing with them. She has also created several of her own Monster High dolls including Carla La Rouge (a devil), Zeeba Zombie, and Becca Bones (a skeleton).

  • A friend of mine gave me an aquarium with all the trimmings which I handed over to Savannah to work on for a Keepers award. We picked out several colorful fish from the pet store and have had such fun watching their antics these past months. The highlight was Xander's fish had babies so we ended up with 8 free fish!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Well it is good to see you have been keeping busy!! I too have missed your blog, it is the only way we know how you all are doing! I just recently got mine printed into a hard cover book, I love it! I stay motivated because I am so bad at journal writing, but I love the blog cause I can add pictures too.
Glad you guys are doing well! I remember having an aquarium! I bet the kids are having fun with that!! :)

The Clark Family said...

Um, hello, you are horrible at blogging, you should really follow my example and blog like twice a day. Anyway, it is great to see what Savannah is up to. She is just the cutest!

HeavenlyHome said...

Oh, happy faces! So glad you're back! Did the baby fish survive? BTW....why didn't you post a picture of your front room for our cleaning and organizing Keepers!?!? It was classic!!!

Catherine said...

Did you keep all 8 babies?? That's a lot of fish!

Jared and Kelly said...

Your daughter is gorgeous, and obviously such an intelligent girl. It's so neat that she's involved in activities that will keep her well-rounded. And tough and competitive? That doesn't sound like anyone I know...certainly not her Mom!! :)

BryanSchaeffer.blogspot.com said...

Savannah is such a smart girl and very involved with so many things! I think that's such a wonderful way to grow up! Give her a big hug for me!!