Friday, January 14, 2011

Snow Day!

Wednesday the kids were overjoyed to wake up and discover that it had snowed enough during the night to produce a Snow Day! I didn't mind it that much either as I got to enjoy a morning of sleeping in, something I don't get to do that often. David worked from home so he took care of the kids' breakfast as well as getting them all bundled up to head out for some fun in the snow. By the time I made it out to take some pictures, Savannah had been out for several hours and was halfway frozen, thus the "I'm trying to smile when all I want to do is cry" look on her face.

Superdad David also built the kids a sled run so Xander had fun doing that.

Although Noah didn't spend that much time outside, he did enjoy digging for a bit.

After the massive snow storms we received last year, it's funny how 4-5 inches of snow doesn't seem like that much anymore. Savannah keeps saying that she hopes it snows again real soon; me - I'm content with the amount we got. When does spring start?!?! I'm done with the cold!

3 comments:

HeavenlyHome said...

O, come on!!!!! Just a couple more snow days...hot chocolate, cinnamon rolls, finding all the mittens and boots....on second thought..hmmmm, maybe just one more snow day!!!
Your snow angels are darling!

Catherine said...

Here here, I'm sooo glad we didn't get any more snow and since it hasn't melted yet, I'd be okay if it didn't snow again this winter!

Jared and Kelly said...

A picture is worth 1000 words...that picture of Savannah is priceless. Don't blame you for not wanting more snow. I'm ready for winter to be over as well - though I can't say I'm looking forward to the blistering heat, either.