Monday, March 7, 2011

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss

In our house Dr. Seuss is one of the favorites! We decided to celebrate his birthday last week with some green eggs and ham for dinner followed up by a evening of reading. My favorite thing about this year was that I wasn't the only one reading - Savannah took a turn...


as well as Xander! Xander read Green Eggs and Ham almost entirely by himself! He's getting so close to his personal goal of being able to read books by himself; I am so proud of him. I always turn to Dr. Seuss books to help my new readers - they are the best!

Favorite moment of the evening - as Xander read about Sam-I-am continuously trying to get his friend to eat green eggs and ham, Savannah sighed loudly and said, "I think Sam should just leave him alone!"

3 comments:

HeavenlyHome said...

What a fun birthday! What a great mom!

Jared and Kelly said...

I'm glad that your kids are another generation who love Dr. Seuss! He had such fun with language, and reading his books create such wonderful memories! I think it's so neat that you even KNEW when his birthday was, much less that you celebrated it! Why does Xander look so unhappy when he did such a great job?!

Sommer said...

Totally stealing this idea next year. Love it!