Friday, November 25, 2011

We Are Thankful

The Thanksgiving festivities for the Pierce family started Tuesday with Noah's preschool feast. All the kids looked so cute in their "squaw" and "pilgrim" hats. Noah made his thankful wreath that included the first 4 things he told me he was grateful for: football (that was number 1), Heavenly Father, toys, and his family.

Although the other two kids talked a little about Thanksgiving at school, Xander's party was actually called a Harvest Celebration and Savannah learned about all the fun facts relating to the holiday, such as how many turkeys are eaten each year, how many people travel at this time, etc. Are the schools trying to eliminate Thanksgiving as well? Heaven forbid we recognize this holiday because it originated with God fearing people thanking their Father in Heaven for his many blessings. No, that's just not acceptable to talk about in our schools anymore. Geez!!!

I'm grateful that we got to spend such a wonderful day together as a family. I'm grateful that I got to sleep in and then spent most of the day in my pajamas. I'm grateful that David did not have to work and that he got our day started off right with a wonderful breakfast. I'm grateful that I didn't have to feel bad about stuffing my face all day long.

David got our turkey in the oven by mid-morning and I just have to say how thankful I am that turkeys are such delicious things to eat!

David's first time making rolls - they turned out wonderful!

We had such a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner and I am grateful that David was so willing to prepare most of the food. The only thing I made was the green bean casserole and the stuffing.


Noah was so excited to see a plate with a stick of butter on it...he thought it was one of the side dishes. Have I mentioned before that Noah loves to eat butter? Just straight butter?

I am not a fan of sweet potatoes and usually pass on it but this year David tried this new recipe and it smelled so good that I just had to give it a try. Oh, my goodness, it was amazing! Even now as I think about it my mouth is starting to salivate. Anyway, Savannah decided she wasn't going to try it but at the end of dinner I had finally convinced her to try just a tiny bite. After she swallowed she got this huge smile on her face and started to laugh. She exclaimed, "I love it!"

After dinner we played a little Phase 10 and then the kids watched a Christmas show.


I am so grateful for such a wonderful husband who had a ticket to the Ravens/49ers game but elected to stay at home to watch the game with me. I begged him to go because it was the Niners!!! and it would have been his first ever NFL game. But he said he just couldn't go without me. Now that's love! At least we were able to console each other about our team's horrible loss.

There are so many things that our family is grateful for; we have been truly blessed. As a family we talked about our many blessings which include our family, friends, a house, David's job, the scriptures, the gospel, Heavenly Father and Jesus, and even napkins for when we have spills (Noah). We are grateful for it all!

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Whata great husband to not go to the game without you!
It looks like you had a WONDERFUL day at home with your family!

Sommer said...

Your Thanksgiving sounds so nice and special and relaxing!!! What a wonderful husband you have to cook and not go to the game!!! I still think we'll be seeing your 9ers in the super bowl.

The Clark Family said...

I wish we could have been there with you guys! Hopefully one day we can spend Thanksgiving together. It looks like you had a lot of great food and fun family time. Love and miss you!

Jared and Kelly said...

I love the picture of you and David in your jerseys! I didn't know your team had lost. Sorry. But by the smiles on everyone's faces, it clearly was a wonderful Thanksgiving!