Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I'm Baaaacccck!!!!!!

I am so glad to be back to the blogging world. We finally got rid of our Internet service with Comcrap and have gone wireless...so far, so good. I have missed blogging, especially since this is my journal. My last entry was a catch-up on the summer and this entry is pretty much going to be the same...a catch-up of the last few weeks. To us, the summer just seemed to fly by, as I'm sure it did for everyone. We really enjoyed spending time with family and friends and taking several fun vacations. To celebrate Savannah's last carefree day of school, we headed to the pool to soak up some sun and have some fun.




Savannah had her opening day of soccer. The team took pictures and then had a scrimmage. Her team won their scrimmage, 1-0, and I was so proud of how well Savannah played. Her team name is The Blue Rock Stars!




Some friends of ours moved to Texas and gave us their old piano. I have wanted a piano for so long but it has never made its way to the top of our priority purchasing list. Although the piano is old and a little beat up, it was free and it works...can't complain about that! And the kids love getting on that bench and pounding out a tune.

David celebrated birthday #36! The hat he's wearing was courtesy of Savannah. David's favorite gift this year was his new set of golf clubs.



Savannah's first day of first grade. It's hard for me to believe that she's a big first grader. I thought the first day would be a little easier for me this year since kindergarten in Maryland is all day so I went through the whole all-day, bus routine last year...but it was still really hard to say goodbye to my sweet little girl.

Yes, Xander usually dresses up for the walk to the bus stop each morning.


David has cut the boys' hair since they were babies but I decided that, at least for Xander, it was time for a "big boy" hair cut. Doesn't he look cute?

The following are just some random pictures of the kids.


4 comments:

shayla said...

Savannah's soccer solo pic looks so much like YOU back in your soccer days! Hair pulled into a pony and all! Cute photos!

Jeanne Lawyer said...

Thanks for catching us up. We have missed you in the blogging world. I love the picture of Noah in the shoes, Savannah getting on the school bus and Xander dressing up to walk Savannah to school. Cute, cute, cute!

The Clark Family said...

I LOVE all your pics! Your kids are so cute, I love all of them so much! We missed you in the blogging world, although it can be said that I have been missing as well lately!

Sommer said...

Wow such cute pics! I LOVE Xander's new hair cut! Where did you get it done? In a couple years I want to start getting Brnadon's hair cut all cute. I LOVE the way you dress Savannah, she is so stylish, well all your kids are! I also loved the pic of Noah in the shoes and him feeding his doll, he is getting so big!