Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My Reunion Adventure

Last Friday I headed off to California for a church reunion overnighter. My plane had a layover in Salt Lake City and, as we backed out of the gate to continue our trip to LA, my plane crashed into another one. So, yes, I can now say I am a plane crash survivor. Unfortunately it put me behind schedule as the airline scrambled to get all of us on another flight to LA. I didn't get there until much later that evening and ended up missing my reunion dinner. The good thing was I was able to hook up with everyone for the Chinese massage (which at some points was actually Chinese torture!). Then we spent the next few hours talking in our hotel room, catching up on everyones' lives since high school.
Here is a picture of a few of us that attended the reunion...Poppy, Shayla, me, and Pam with her little boy Weston.



On Saturday Pam and I met up with my old best friend Lisa for lunch and some more catching up. Lisa was such a good friend, one of the few truly close friends I've had in my life. We had so much fun growing up together and I have missed her friendship over the years. She stayed in Calabasas and has two beautiful little boys. And she has the same wonderful laugh as she always did.



After spending time with Lisa, Pam and I drove around our old neighborhood and then I headed up to Fillmore to spend the night with my grandpa and Aunt Pat. It was so great to see them though it was really hard to be there without my grandma. I kept expecting to see her walking down the hall or sitting on the couch reading. Even though my grandpa is blind, he can still cook and he made us some really great steaks for dinner. We spent the evening eating and talking and then I headed off to bed. I had a flight home early Sunday morning and did not reach Baltimore until 8:30 Sunday night. It was a long way to go for such a short visit but I truly treasure the time I got to spend with old friends and family.

7 comments:

Sommer said...

Man that sounds so nice! I hope to someday have a reunion with my old friends too.

HeavenlyHome said...

You look so happy! It must have been a wonderful time!

shayla said...

So glad you made it! We'll have to make a little tradition out of it. So great to see you again.

The Clark Family said...

I am glad that you survived the plane "crash" and that you had a great time. You are such a little jet setter!

mom2beachbums said...

How *scary* about the plane, Oh my! You look great Tracy in that blouse....and I enjoy seeing pictures of girlfriends. Wonderful that you got to go home!

mom2beachbums said...

Forgive my writing your name with the 'y' I knew it wasnt right as I hit publish ooops!

Pamela Anderson said...

I was grand. I need copies of all your pictures. I didn't take any when we visited Lisa.