Monday, November 24, 2008

Twilight!



I may not be a teenager but I am a romantic at heart and absolutely loved Stephenie Meyer's "Twilight" series. So of course when the movie came out I had to go see it. I wasn't actually planning on attending until Friday or Saturday but my group of friends who are Twilight freaks like me purchased tickets for the midnight showing on Thursday night. Crazy, I know...but I went and had such a great time. And not once did I nod off. The guy who played Edward was not my favorite...I had Henry Cavill, Stephenie Meyer's personal choice for the character of Edward, stuck in my head...so no one else was going to cut it. This is a picture of Henry, an actor who did NOT play the part of Edward but should have...yeah, he's a hottie and pure Edward!

The critics have trashed the movie...okay, so it's not going to win an Academy Award but I think these reviewers are forgetting that the target audience is teenage girls, not your mainstream adult. I thought it was great, though a little cheesy in parts, but I do look forward to watching it again.

4 comments:

Queen Bee said...

Tracie, couldn't agree with you more. That guy Ron didn't do it for me at all - no Greek God there. Henry would have been fabulous. Ah well, it was fun to see the movie anyway. I do think they picked a great Alice!

Sommer said...

I actually really like Rob Pattison a lot more then I thought I would, by the end of the movie I was all his =) I agree though, a bit chessy at some parts, special effects a big lame witht he sparkling and running fast, but all in all I can't wait to see it again!

Unknown said...

where did you find Meyer's personal choices for the actors? I am curious

The Clark Family said...

Oh Twilight!! I love that story and though I agree with you on being cheesy, I loved the movie! I can't wait to buy it. Our husbands will probably run out and buy it for us, just like Pride and Prejudice, right?