Saturday, November 1, 2008

Our Halloween

Taking advantage of the 5 straight days of no school, the kids and I headed to my parents' house in Cincinnati. My sister Heidi and her girls were also visiting from Florida so we got some extra time with them as well. Xander, Savannah, and McKenna spent Thursday evening and most of Friday running around the house, dressing up, and playing together. I love watching them hang out but it also makes me sad that we don't live closer so they can spend more time with each other.
Friday morning we decided to make some chocolate Halloween suckers which turned out quite yummy!



We started getting ready for trick-or-treating around 4:30. It took about 35-40 minutes to get Savannah ready with her curled hair, make-up, and all other little details. Poor Xander got tired of waiting and fell asleep right on the stairs.

Cute girls! Savannah as Medusa and McKenna was a cat.


All the cousins...aren't they all so cute?

I was so surprised that Noah did as well as he did with the whole trick-or-treat thing...he was a pro! I gave him his candy bag and he just headed off with the other kids. He went right up to all the doors, let them put candy in his bag, and then headed to the next home. He walked pretty much the whole way and that was quite a feat in my parents' neighborhood; it is a far cry from trick-or-treating in a townhouse neighborhood.

4 comments:

Sommer said...

What a fun post! Yes all the cousins are sooooo cute! I'm glad you are having fun at your parents house.

Anonymous said...

I got a side ache from laughing at the pic of Xander gone on the stairs!! How funny! I hope the kids had alot of fun trick or treating! I rather enjoyed handing out candy for the first time in our house!!

The Clark Family said...

We miss you guys! Halloween was so much fun, I love looking at the pics. It is late here but I will definitely have to do my Halloween post tomorrow. You know me, I have to do something political! Once this election is over I can return to blogging pics of my family. Except for the fact that I will have to give away my computer to someone who doesn't have one if Obama is elected......

jenn and flay said...

The picture of Xander is amazing. What a funny little boy. I'm not suprised Noah was a good little trick-or-treater. As soon as they get candy they seem to get over the fear of it.