Wednesday, January 7, 2009

We Went Hiking!?!?


Okay, so I guess you can't really call it hiking; more like a walk through the woods. However, in my book, walking through any nature-type setting constitutes hiking. Every time we visit my parents' house, we always have to take a stroll through the local nature preserve. Unfortunately the kids are a little loud so seeing any kind of wildlife is out of the question. But the setting is peaceful and calm and the kids enjoy walking on the logs, seeing the bugs, and being outdoors. This time each child insisted on having his or her own walking stick, even Noah and Ashlyn.



What a mean mom I am. When Xander fell off the log, what did I do? I took out my camera rather than immediately help him up. My poor kids!

Xander was really impressed that David walked up this log.

All the cute cousins.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We can't believe how big all the kids are. Noah isn't a baby anymore!!

The Clark Family said...

That was so much fun, even if I do hate hiking, whatever it constitutes of. Does that last sentence even make sense? Anyway, glad you got some pictures, I love the one of Xander after falling!

HeavenlyHome said...

Oh, Yeah! A hike just isn't a hike without your own walking stick!!!!!

shayla said...

I can't help but notice your dad's hat...what a ray of glory and a beautiful sight after your post above!! haaha Does he root for the REAL team? Although, I don't have much of a leg to stand on since you beat us pretty good and we're nowhere near undefeated. Congrats on that huge victory at the Sugar Bowl...see I can say it, even though I bleed blue :)

Jeanne Lawyer said...

Looks like a fun hike! I can't believe how big Noah is. Everytime I see him he is taller.