Saturday, January 17, 2009

Winter Activities

I grew up in beautiful, sunny, warm Southern California so when I look outside and see the sun shining, I expect warmth. I grew up without coats or scarves or mittens; those winter items were foreign to me. The past few days I have looked out on the beautiful sun shining in the sky but when I step outside I am entering an arctic world...and I don't like it. I don't know how to bundle up or remember to put on my gloves. Who chooses to live in places where the temperature doesn't even hit 20 degrees during the day? Apparently, we do. Trying to make sense of this freezing world in which we live, the kids and I decided to do some "fun" winter activities inside the house. One night the kids made winter snow globes which turned out really cute.



Another night we made snowflakes to hang in our family room. While cutting snowflakes, we all sipped yummy hot chocolate. And just so you know, we do pay our heating bill...we just thought it would fit the spirit of things if we dressed in our warm hats and scarves.




4 comments:

BryanSchaeffer.blogspot.com said...

Oh Tracie, what a fun mom you are! I'm sure Savannah and Xander loved making all of those things. And I bet Noah enjoyed the activities as well. I feel sorry for all of the people that have to live in such weather. I know that I never want to go back to that!

Anonymous said...

The kids are so cute!! It seems like I tell you everytime, but I just can't believe how fast they are growing... All three of them, Noah isn't even a baby anymore!! It is great that you keep them busy with such great activities.

The Clark Family said...

Stop making me feel bad about myself. I mean it, STOP! Just kidding. I am actually a way better mom than you. Just kidding again! Really, I should never comment later at night, I get so silly! What fun things to do. McKenna came home from school than other day with a sand snowman. That is what we do here for winter crafts!

Sommer said...

you are such a good mom!