Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Under the Weather...But Still Having Fun!

Wednesday of last week I started feeling crummy and by Friday I could not get out of bed. Unfortunately for me there were two very important events going on on Friday that I had to attend. The first was the ABBY ceremony at Savannah's school honoring those students selected by their teachers in the month of October for outstanding behavior...and our Savannah was being honored. I couldn't miss that!

Here she is with her teacher, Mrs. Bowers.

I truly debated about the second one...I seriously was struggling after Savannah's award ceremony and just wanted to climb back into bed. David suggested taking Savannah but I LOVE watching my Jazz boys play and David and I had tickets to see them play the 76ers up in Phili. Good thing I dragged my ill body to that game because CHECK OUT OUR SEATS!!!!


Yes! We were right behind the bench...no one in front of us...just our Jazz players. Ever since I converted to being a Jazz fan I have dreamed of sitting close to the team so that I could hear what they say to each other and watch Jerry Sloan get "passionate" about the bad calls. It was awesome!
Here's my Jerry after giving it to one of the refs.

It was a great game! Every time the team came over for a time out, me, David, and the Jazz fan next to us all stood up, like we were part of the team. We got to hear all the funny things they were saying to each other throughout the game. The best part, of course, was that they won.


Towards the end of the game, one of the Jazz coaches handed one of the ushers special passes for us and a few other Jazz fans to stay after the game and meet some of the players. Bonus! We got to talk to a few of the players and even got to see that the two rookies of the team, Maynor and Matthews, have to carry around pink princess bags as part of their luggage...poor rookies!
Me and Andrei Kirilenko

Me and Wes Matthews. (Too bad he didn't hold up his princess bag.)

The game took it all out of me...I spent the rest of the weekend in my bed but these two special and fun events were not to be missed!

5 comments:

Jeanne Lawyer said...

OK! How fun for you. I know how much you love your Jazz so I also know how much it meant to you to be able to do that. Meet the players...What a bonus!

On that note of you being sick. You look great for a sick person. I wish I looked that good when I felt ill. You are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you are not feeling well!! I hope you get better soon if you aren't already!
I have never watched Jazz basketball that much, but being at the game is different, especially with those great seats!! I bet it was a blast!
Savannah!!! Congratulations! We are so proud of what a good student you are!!
Love you all!!

HeavenlyHome said...

Those were worth 2 days in bed!!! I can't believe how CLOSE you were to the team...and to hear all the comments during time-outs...that's behind the scenes fun! It would have been worth 3 days in bed!!!

and CONGRATULATIONS to Savannah...she is a lovely girl, and a joy to be around!

BryanSchaeffer.blogspot.com said...

Hey Tracie, sorry that you aren't feeling well! No wonder you won't answer any of my calls! I hope that you will be feeling much better this week. I am so proud of Savannah. She is so much fun to be around and she has a curious mind, just like her mama. Take it easy Tracie and give Savannah a big hug for me.

The Clark Family said...

That is so amazing! I wish I could have been there. I love going to sporting events and that is so cool that you got to sit right behind the bench and meet some of the players. Oh, and Savannah is awesome too! I can't wait to see you guys!