Saturday, November 21, 2009

Finally...Bunkbeds!

It's about time! Poor Noah has been sleeping in a crib all this time...the poor kid is 2 1/2! My rule is to keep them in the crib as long as we can but he's been ready for a big boy bed for quite some time. Some things just take awhile for David and I to get to. About 3 weeks ago we finally buckled down and bought them...and the boys love them!

At first Noah wasn't too thrilled about having the bottom bunk but once I told him it was his special Batman cave, he was on board. He's only fallen out once and went right back to sleep on the floor. And there has only been one night, around 2 am, that I woke up to Noah crying, went running into their room, and found him on the top bunk with Xander. He told me that there were monsters on his bed. Poor little guy. Other than that, though, it's been great.

Xander absolutely LOVES being on the top bunk! He has spent hours playing up there, pretending it's his pirate ship, hauling up all kinds of toys to play with, and NEVER making his bed anymore. He feels, and rightly so, that he can get away with it because Mommy usually can't see whether it's made or not without climbing up the ladder. Sneaky little guy.

5 comments:

HeavenlyHome said...

Hey wait!!!! IS that Star Wars beddindg!?!?!?! Who could resist loving those bunk beds with the force surrounding you so strongly!!! Woo-hoo!

Anonymous said...

Too cute!!! Sounds like they are having a great time!!!

Catherine said...

Only little kids can fall out of bed and just fall asleep where they land!

mary said...

Cute beds! I love the bedding. You need some pictures on the wall though (HA! HA!) They will be in the mail by Dec. 1st! Sorry for the long wait!
The boys are adorable!

BryanSchaeffer.blogspot.com said...

I think that you have two of the cutest boys ever! I just absolutely love my Noah (and Xander too!) so give them both big hugs for me. I hope that all is well with you and thanks for continuing to post these great entries!