Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Holiday Highlights

We had planned on spending Christmas in Baltimore but, due to some unforeseen events, we were blessed to be able to go to Cincinnati instead. We spent 10 days there celebrating the birth of our Savior, ringing in 2010, and soaking up quality time with our family.
Uncle Bryan had recently returned from Mexico so the kids were able to spend A LOT of time hanging on him...I mean, hanging out with him. All the kids LOVE their Uncle Bryan!
Bryan is showing off his inner Jackson 5.

We played a lot of games, Sorry and War being the favorites.


We had our tasty traditional Christmas Eve dinner, read stories, sang songs, listened to Grandpa tell the story of the birth of our Savior, opened Christmas Eve jammies, left food for the reindeer and Santa, and eagerly looked forward to a visit from Santa.

Santa did not disappoint this year. Xander got more Star Wars guys plus a tank to carry them around in...

Savannah got the American Girl doll, Felicity...

and Noah got more choo-choos.

Yes, we had a wonderful visit. Other fun things we did included The Children's Museum, Chuck E. Cheese, the movie "Princess and the Frog" (which I found very mediocre) and "Sherlock Holmes", which I had not wanted to see but ending up LOVING! We watched some great football games, read lots of books, laughed a lot, and enjoyed just being together.

One of the great things about this visit was spending time with my grandma. My Grandma Schaeffer spent Christmas with us giving my kids a wonderful opportunity to get to know their great-grandma.


This Christmas reminded me that even when we are going through challenges and trials in our lives, Heavenly Father continues to bless us. This Christmas was such a blessing to our family and I am so grateful that we got to spend this time with my family.

5 comments:

HeavenlyHome said...

Funny how some of our most special experiences are paired with some of our greatest trials. No, not funny...it must be divine.

The Clark Family said...

I loved seeing all of the pics of the time I missed with you guys. The kids are just so cute and growing up so fast. Hopefully we will all be together next Christmas!

BryanSchaeffer.blogspot.com said...

It was sooooooo great to see you and your hubby! And of course, I love my niece and nephews so very much. You and your family really made Christmas special this year. It was great to see Grandma, but I love having kids around for Christmas morning. Well, don't be a stranger! I hope to see you sometime soon, okay? Kisses!

Sommer said...

You are so pretty Tracie. I'm sorry you are going through a hard time right now, I'm here if you want to talk or go out for dessert or anything. You'll be in my prayers. I'm glad you got to go "home" and have family around. That's the best. I loved Sherlock Holmes too!

Anonymous said...

Grandma's are so special! I will never be able to say that enough!!
That is very neat you got to see her, and the kids got to know her a little!
I have heard mediocre things about Princess and the Frog, that for Disney, it was quite disappointing, however we here in Salt Lake all LOVED Sherlock Holmes as well! We went and saw it on Monday with Dave and Jackie, and the 4 of us gave it 2 thumbs up!!