Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Plumpton Zoo

The weather held up enough for Noah and I to enjoy his field trip to a local zoo without facing a downpour. In years past when I have attended this particular field trip with the other kids, we have basically wandered around the small zoo, checking out the animals in their poor habitats and small cages, and feeling sorry for them. Fortunately for the animals the zoo is under new management and they are making great strides in improving the welfare and environment for the animals there. And this time we even had a tour guide who filled us in all kinds of great facts about the animals. We had a lot of fun!


Noah was extremely bummed that he didn't get to feed the giraffe.

This donkey could have been the inspiration for the character in Shrek!

The highlight of the day for Noah was getting a little cup of food and feeding the various animals - donkeys, goats, deer, and some pigs.

This one got ahold of Noah's cup which Noah and his friend Cael thought was pretty funny.

3 comments:

The Clark Family said...

How fun, although I am so glad that things are looking up for the poor animals. I hate seeing stuff like that. Noah is so cute and big!

Catherine said...

I didn't realize they were under new management, I thought they had closed. I've never actually been there, but now I can!

Jared and Kelly said...

Too cute! And your comment regarding the donkey from Shrek was completely accurate!