Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Wonderful Weekend

Our weekends are usually very relaxing and uneventful but this past one was an exception. I felt like Saturday I ran from one event to the next but they were all worth it! Saturday I got to attend the wedding of one of the young women I was over when I was Young Women president a few years ago. Towards the end of high school she became inactive for several years - but then, a year ago, she was introduced to a recently returned missionary in our ward and the rest is history. Through his influence she was able to come back to activity in the church and, needless to say, I was overjoyed to attend her temple wedding. It was beautiful! There is nothing better than watching a couple start off their lives together in this way.

When I got home from the temple David headed off to church meetings and I got the kids ready to go to the wedding reception that was held at our church building. When that was over we swung by to pick up the kids' babysitter for the evening, I dropped them all at home, and headed down to our Stake Center for the adult session of Stake Conference. The biggest treat of the night was listening to an apostle of God speak to us - Elder Neil L. Anderson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.

Both Saturday night and Sunday, as I headed down to attend these special church meetings, I couldn't help but think how lucky I am to have the gospel in my life. Here I was, blessed to be able to listen to an apostle of the Lord, and most of the people in Baltimore weren't even aware of this special person that was in their midst.
And of course the best came on Sunday as we celebrated the birth of our little No-No! What joy he has brought to our family! He is definitely one of a kind and we love him so much!

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Sounds like a very wonderful weekend!

Megan and Jonny said...

I can't wait for the day that I get to see some of my YW get married in the temple--what an awesome experience for you.

Just Another Blog said...

Sunday was great - even though we were on the stage with the other late-comers :)
p.s. Addie loved the cupcake for "Nuu-ah's" birthday, thanks!

The Clark Family said...

I didn't know about all those fabulous events! Well, of course I knew about Noah's b-day. I wish we could have been there but glad we got to chat on the phone. Love you guys!