Sunday, August 21, 2011

Cinci Trip

We spent a fabulous week in Cincinnati with my family and did all the fun things we normally do. A few highlights of this particular visit included:

celebrating Grandma's birthday;

putting on spectacular shows for the grown-ups;



the Cleopatra exhibit (I missed it when it was in Philadelphia so was so happy that it was still going on in Cinci during our visit);

the bouncy place;

and a few new things at the zoo.


Although it's been there for four years, the Cheetah Encounter has never caught our eye. This time David brought it to our attention and we are so glad he did - it was absolutely amazing! As I told Savannah, when will we ever get to see a cheetah run full speed other than on TV? Well, at the Cincinnati zoo a person can see it happen!
A fuzzy toy that the cheetahs apparently love is attached to a retractable rope and the cheetahs chase after it all throughout the enclosure. Watching these cheetahs run just might have been the highlight of the day, even more than the gorillas (which for me is saying a lot!)


Another fun thing for the kids was feeding the giraffe.

David and I also got away for two days - we went down to Louisville, Kentucky, and enjoyed some alone time. We saw Harry Potter, enjoyed eating out, and went to the temple. I am so grateful to my parents for watching the kids so we could spend this time together.
We always have the best time in Cincinnati and hate saying goodbye. At least we'll get to see the grandparents again soon!

2 comments:

BryanSchaeffer.blogspot.com said...

Tracie, I love these pictures! Particularly the ones of the cheetah running (and the pics of all the kids of course)! How fabulous was that!?! It was great to visit with you and your family. We all had such a good time together! I truly cherished each and every moment of your visit. Give everyone a big hug for me!

Catherine said...

How fun! I'd love to see a cheetah run at full speed! Glad you had a good trip!