Sunday, October 9, 2011

The X Man is 7!


Seven fun facts about our Xanderman:










  • He loves to sing! Most afternoons when he finishes his homework he heads down to the basement, blasts some music, and sings at the top of his lungs.





  • He's really tall for his age. I never really noticed until last year when I was a chaperone for a kindergarten field trip - Xander towers over other kids his age. I can't tell you how many times I have heard parents from the other soccer team commenting on Xander's size and how they think he's in the wrong age group. And he's not just tall...he has humongous feet! His are a full size bigger than Savannah's.





  • He is like me - he does NOT have a sweet tooth. He would prefer a bowl of fruit over candy any day.





  • He's good at saving his money. Just recently he saved half the price of a DS. Pretty impressive for a young kid.





  • He is a mama's boy; he absolutely loves me. We definitely have a little Oedipus Complex going on. One night he was snuggled up next to me as we watched a movie on TV. David walked in and asked what we were doing. Xander replied, "I'm stealing your love." It was pretty funny. He's always picking flowers for me and tells me I'm his beautiful mom. I definitely treasure his feelings for me because I know in a few years I will probably turn into lame mom.





  • He loves math and is really good at it.





  • He is a hard worker.




Somehow the kids instituted a tradition of being able to open one of their gifts in the morning. Xander was thrilled to find out that his first gift was a Panthers shirt. I'm going to interject here what great parents David and I are. Here we are, complete San Francisco 49ers fans and we allow our children to choose their own special teams to root for. Aren't we fabulous? For some reason Xander has attached himself to the Carolina Panthers...go figure.


We all got to cheer Xander at his soccer game


and then spent a wonderful afternoon watching General Conference. Before the men headed off to the Priesthood Session we had Xander open his presents. I love how Noah wrapped up one of his own toys to give to Xander. What made it even more funny was the Panthor he gave to Xander (not really gave, more like presented for a few minutes) was that it was a Christmas gift to Noah from my parents and they were sitting right there. Talk about a re-gifting faux pas.

The love of all things Harry Potter has not disappeared in our house and now Xander is all set to cast evil spells with his very own Voldemort wand.

Remember how I mentioned what great parents we are? Look at this - the love continued with his very own Carolina Panthers jersey. I do have to confess to a little secret...that player whose jersey Xander has? Well, the only reason it has been allowed in our home and on our son is that it is Steve Smith's. Yes, Steve Smith...a former Utah Ute. The ONLY reason it's allowed.

Cake time! No, Xander is not 9...that's what happens when Mom totally forgets to pick up birthday candles and just goes with the only candle to be found in the house.


Xander's Favorites at 7:




  • Food: hamburger


  • Color: green


  • Movie: Rio


  • TV Show: The Clone Wars


  • Book: the Froggy books


  • Toy: Imaginext Samurai


  • Thing to do: be with mom


  • Dessert: chocolate milkshake


  • Candy: Dots


  • Fruit: watermelon


  • Vegetable: broccoli


  • Song: Disney songs


  • Sport: football and soccer


  • Holiday: Halloween


  • Temple: Salt Lake City


  • Scripture Hero: King Solomon


  • Animal: Panther


  • Restaurant: Red Robin


  • Place to go: school


  • Season: summer


  • Wants to be when he grows up: a rock star and a police officer


  • His best friends: Orion, Jesse, and Kyle

Happy Birthday to our Xanderman!

7 comments:

BryanSchaeffer.blogspot.com said...

What a great post, Tracie! Happy Birthday to the Xanderman! I remember when he was just a little tyke and you and little Savannah would sing that song to him and he just loved it! He is so funny! And I love the first soccer picture where his left elbow is out, keeping the other player at bay (remind you of anyone??). I know that he had a great 7th birthday. Give him a big hug for me!

Jared and Kelly said...

I agree with Bryan...a wonderful post! Happy birthday Xanderman! It seems like it was a really great birthday. It's so sweet to hear how much he loves his Mom. By the way, what's a DS?

Jared and Kelly said...

Never mind about that last question - obviously it was answered in a previous post I had not yet seen...

Unknown said...

Holy Moly, this had me rolling with laughter! I love how great of parents you and David are! It is amazing, and I can only aspire to be like you guys someday! ;) Seriously though, you guys are really awesome! I love so many of the things you do for your kids, and things that you teach them. I love it! Happy Birthday Xman! You can really see how he is bigger in his soccer pics. I just can't believe it. I met Dan the year Xander was born! :) Loves to you guys!

Unknown said...

I just noticed... Dave and Xander both got the "9" on their cake! HA! I find this quite funny!!! :)

Catherine said...

That was so fun to read! He sounds like a very cool, TALL, kid!

The Clark Family said...

A rock star and police officer are an awesome combo! Happy B-day Xander! By the way, I still have his present, I guess I should really send that on, huh? And I love how he is stealing David's love, that is hilarious!