Sunday, January 15, 2012

Super Saturday

I have always loved those Saturdays where I get to sleep in, get chores done quickly, and then spend the rest of the day reading, playing with the kids, or just basically lounging around. This past Saturday was definitely not one of those kinds of days. No sleeping in - Savannah had a 9:40 soccer game. And what a game it was! This is the game that will always be known in our house as the 6 goal game. Yep, that's right, our Savannah scored 6 goals in this game, 3 within the first 5 minutes of the game. She played tough, was aggressive, and helped her team to a victory. Great way to start our Saturday.


No time for chores - we were home for a brief rest and snack before heading to Xander's basketball game at noon. We always enjoy watching Xander play a little bball!

Noah and I left Xander's game a little early for a ninja birthday party for one of his friends. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of Noah practicing his kung fu moves but I'm sure he'd be more than happy to show them off to any one who might ask when they next visit. Hint, hint, grandparents, it's definitely time for a visit!
No reading, playing with the kids, or lounging around - Noah and I then headed back to the soccer arena to meet up with the rest of our gang to cheer Xander on in his soccer game where his team won and Xander scored a goal. My kids are definitely chipping away at their personal goals of scoring goals.


From Xander's game it was a hurried drive home to watch our Niners play against the New Orleans Saints. For those of you who follow football you know that our great Saturday was made complete with the 49er victory. What a spectacular game! David and I spent the last 5 minutes of the game in happiness, then utter despair, and then back to shedding tears of pure joy - it was quite the roller coaster of emotions and quite the amazing game!

I definitely don't mind these busy, fun Saturdays!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

The fun makes all the difference when you're busy!

Jared and Kelly said...

Goodness, Xander and Savannah are sure to well exceed their New Year's Resolutions of scoring goals if they keep that up! Fun and BUSY days, huh? I have pictures in my mind's eye of Noah at the party... I doubt I'll be making it out anytime soon, so any pics of him practicing his kung fu moves would be welcome! :) (Hint hint...)