Thursday, January 12, 2012

Welcome 2012!

New Year's Resolution: update the blog at least twice a week. Twelve days into 2012...my first post. Well, I'm definitely not the best at sticking to those goals I set for myself at the start of each new year but the blog one being blown right out of the gate, now, let's just pathetic! As the kids and I thought back to 2011 and reviewed how well we had done with accomplishing the goals we had set for ourselves last year, we remembered all the many wonderful memories and good times we had. Some highlights from 2011 included visits with family, including both sets of grandparents, the Hill Cumorah pageant and Palmyra with family, a Super Hero party, a Harry Potter party, lots and lots of soccer, soccer camp, T-ball, field trips, Keepers meetings, Book Club, a Louisville getaway for me and David, attending the temple, the beach, Dutch Wonderland, fishing, kitties and more kitties, lunch with friends, and the pool, just to name a few. We're looking forward to 2012 and all the exciting things it holds for our family.
Now, onto goals for the new year.



Noah did a great job last year completing most of the goals he had set for himself. His goals for 2012 are:



  • Learn to count and recognize numbers 1-100

  • Complete a season of T-Ball

  • Memorize 3 Articles of Faith

  • Memorize the Primary monthly scripture

  • Stop crying when he's mad

Xander struggled a bit with his goals last year so he has recommitted himself to his new goals for this year:



  • Learn how to cook a soup and pizza

  • Score 9 goals in soccer (he already has 1)

  • Score 4 baskets in basketball

  • Read 30 books

  • Memorize the Articles of Faith

  • Memorize the Primary monthly scripture

Although we reviewed our goals throughout the year Savannah also struggled a bit with a few of hers. This year she knows that she can get them done!



  • Be kinder to her brothers

  • Memorize the Articles of Faith

  • Earn the Governor's Program at school

  • Score 10 goals in soccer (she also has 1 already)

  • Read 100 books

  • Work harder with math and bring up her grade

  • Earn 15 Keepers awards

As for myself I am quite proud of all I was able to get done last year. I think the only personal goal I set for myself that I totally bombed on was playing the piano again. I was able to read 100 books in 2011 so this year I'd like to up that to 110. I want to continue with my exercising and eating right. I want to improve my personal scripture study; my motivation for this goal was pumped up after last night's Relief Society Scripture Study Workshop. Although my goal of twice weekly blogging hasn't gotten off to the best start, I'm still keeping that on the list and recommitting myself to do better.


Welcome, 2012 - the Pierce family is ready for ya!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

I wanted to do about 2 blogs a week, too, but haven't done one yet! I'd love to try reading 100 books, but being a first time mom will throw a big wrench in that, I think!

Jared and Kelly said...

Well, I certainly love the hats! Though I would have liked to see a picture of you with your goals! You are raising such amazing children, and those goals say so much about the wonderful people that they already are. Your children are much needed examples in this world, and I know that they get that from you and David. Happy New Year!