Monday, March 12, 2012

San Antonio

Delayed flights. Food poisoning. Stranded in Dallas overnight with no luggage. Lost luggage. Okay, I just had to get those bummer moments from our trip to San Antonio out of the way so I could focus on the positive. And it definitely was a fun, relaxing trip...at least for me. Last week David had meetings in San Antonio and I tagged along. My week was fabulous - I slept in, read a lot, wandered around downtown San Antonio, checked out the Alamo, crocheted, watched movies, and basically relaxed. Poor David was stuck in meetings ALL day, starting at 7 and ending between 7:30 and 8 at night. Despite his grueling schedule we were able to go down to the Riverwalk one night and have a delicious Mexican dinner. So, although there were a few hiccups in getting there and then getting home, I thoroughly enjoyed our stay in San Antonio.




While I was visiting the Alamo the Miss America contestants were hanging out across the street, signing autographs. I was hopeful that Sandra Bullock would come flying out of nowhere but no such luck; I had to be content with just a picture of the lovely ladies.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We loved San Antonio in our short time there a few years ago. Despite all the set backs, it looks like you made the most of it!

Jared and Kelly said...

Ya, having one of the contestants come flying through the air to tackle someone would have livened things up a bit... I'm sorry about the difficulties getting there, but so glad you had a great time! And can I say, I LOVE seeing a picture of you! They are too rare. You look fabulous! And I love your earrings. And the Miss America picture is great. So often all we get are the super posed pics. Now we have one where Miss Georgia looks like she tasted something bitter, and Miss Florida is looking at someone pretty suspiciously... :)