Sunday, April 1, 2012

A Sweet Reunion

Audra has been a special person in our lives for the past 12 years. Not only was she one of my Young Women in our ward in Salt Lake but her family lived around the corner from us. Every Sunday Audra and her brother Andrew would spy on us because David and I led some fascinating, interesting lives. Okay, so I really have no idea why they spied on us but eventually they got up the nerve to knock on our door thus starting a wonderful Sunday afternoon tradition of hanging out with these two fabulous young people. Since Audra was in the Young Womens program when I was in a leadership position we got to spend a ton of time together that included weekly activities, service projects, holiday celebrations, youth conferences, sports games, boating trips, and the list goes on. As I went through some of our pictures trying to find some that I wanted to include on this blog I definitely teared up with all the wonderful memories I have with this special friend.

Andrew and Audra with our new puppy Barkley. Audra was actually with us when we went to pick out Barkley from the breeder. The lady selling Barkley to us was amazed that David and I were old enough to have a teenage daughter! We had a good laugh about that one.

A youth overnighter at Audra's family's cabin. Audra and the other youth tried to teach us how to play this sticks game but we weren't that good.

Cheering on the Ute football team.

The night before I had Savannah I was extremely nervous about what the next day would bring. Audra and her brother and sister, Andrew and Cosette, spent the evening with us, playing video games, eating snacks, laughing, and basically keeping my mind off my C-section the next morning.

Doing a little ice skating.

Cinco de Mayo.

Boating and yes, that is my huge pregnant belly!

We were always doing something fun!

When David and I announced to our friends that we would be moving to Maryland in a few months Audra decided to finish her Young Women in Excellence award in time for me to be there when she received it. This accomplishment of hers and the fact that she wanted me to be there with her touched me immensely. I loved my Young Women!

Audra's family had a going away party for us before we left. One of the hardest things about leaving Utah was the special people that we had to say goodbye to and we have definitely missed Audra!

Two years after we moved to Maryland I was able to fly back to Salt Lake to attend the temple wedding of our little Audra. What a special event, one I was so happy I could attend. David wanted to be there as well but someone had to stay home and watch Savannah, Xander, and 3 week old Noah. What a beautiful bride she was!



In the past few years since Audra got married, she and her husband have moved out to North Carolina and have two beautiful children. I was so excited when Audra let me know that her little family was coming up to DC for a few days to tour the sites. Despite the crazy schedule we had we managed to meet up with them at the DC temple for an hour to soak up some time together. It was beyond wonderful to see her, talk to her, and spend time with her two cute kids. What a fabulous reunion!!!


I am so grateful that I have been able to have such a special friendship in my life and hope that one day we can live a little closer so we can build even more memories together. Love ya, Audra!

0 comments: