Thursday, April 5, 2012

We Are the Champions

Despite losing their extremely talented point guard midway through the season our High Priest basketball team ended up having only one loss for the year and winning the championship for the Baltimore Stake. The kids and I had so much fun cheering on David each Thursday night throughout the season but ended up missing the last big game due to its 9:00pm starting time.

The Champions!

Our guys had to face the elders team from our ward in the first game of the playoffs which is always a little hard because we love all these men and want them all to do well. During that game one of the elders got David in his leg with a strong knee leaving David in some extreme pain. David was able to keep playing, helping his team beat the elders but later that night, in the championship game, David really struggled jumping and exploding to the basket. This lovely bruise showed up the next day!

David also ended up with a bruise on his face courtesy of a hard head. However, the pain and the bruises were all worth it. Another great season for our High Priests!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man! When I was still on my blood thinner treatment for my blood clot, I would get huge nasty bruises like that for no reason! OUCH! At least you guys have a good story for the war wounds- WINNING! I think I am into sports more than Dan- Sometimes I wish he would play just so I can go watch!! ;)

The Clark Family said...

Awesome David. (See I am commenting). That is one crazy bruise. Sounds like a great season, wish we could have been there for some of the games. Love you guys!

HeavenlyHome said...

OH MAN!!!!! Crazy stuff! Brian is still suffering from his injury...but the hardest part is missing the big championship! I tried to talk him into going to cheer on the team, but he just couldn't do it! Congratulations, Winters Run HP!