Sunday, September 9, 2007

Savannah plays soccer

Saturday morning Savannah had her first soccer game. I must admit that it was hard for me to watch because I played so much soccer growing up and the 5-6 year old girls just don't have the skills yet. But I kept reminding myself that this is just for fun and that she'll learn and by halftime I was ready to enjoy myself. (But we'll definitely be putting Savannah in some soccer camps next summer.) I learned that during a game I can not yell out, "Go, Savannah!" because she would stop and look at me, wanting to know what I wanted. The first half I don't think she quite knew what to do but by the second half she was running a lot more and got some good touches. Savannah is extremely fast and there were times when she outran all of the girls...now if we could just teach her to dribble that ball, she could outrun everyone, take it down the field and score. I was proud of her and she said she had a lot of fun...and that's the most important thing.




Saturday evening David and Savannah went to the Daddy/Daughter activity at our church. They ate some BBQ and played games and had a great evening together. Savannah loves her "girl field trips" with Mom but it is special to get to spend that alone time with her dad. The boys and I stayed at home and had our own bonding time. Xander has decided he wants to be Frankenstein for Halloween (this changes on a weekly basis). I kept asking him what he wanted to be because I loved the way he said "Frankenstein"...too cute. We read some books and Xander entertained Noah with his singing.

Today David was put in as the first counselor in the bishopric in our ward. I know that he is excited to serve but his new calling raises questions about my calling as the Young Women President. Everyone is speculating if I will be released. I love my calling and hope that I will be able to serve longer but we'll just wait and see. We'll have to do some juggling in the meantime and it won't be easy sitting on the bench by myself during sacrament meeting but I know that others will step in and help us. We love the Lord and we love the gospel and we're looking forward to this blessing in our lives.

2 comments:

The Clark Family said...

That is the cutest thing I have ever seen! Go Savannah!

Pamela Anderson said...

I just got caught up on all your summer slide shows. You all have way too much fun. I think your baby looks so much like Bryan. I miss your family. I wish we were closer. Way to take over the ward with your callings by the way.