Monday, September 24, 2007

Savannah's soccer game





On Saturday Savannah had her third soccer game and this time her team won 2-0. Yeah! There was a huge improvement in the way she and her team played the game. Their assistant coach was gone so I got to fill in and it was so much fun. I was in charge of the defense which of course I loved because that is what I played all those years of soccer. I found myself hanging out on the left side of the field (I played left fullback) so I had to force myself to keep going over to the right side to check on the player there. The coaches get to remain on the field throughout the game so they can help these girls learn how to play the position and how to play the game itself. I had a blast and think that next year I might sign up to be an assistant coach. Savannah did such a great job and the second goal her team scored was made possible by her throw-in...she threw it right to the girl who was in the vicinity of the goal who then kicked the ball in for a goal. Savannah is really enjoying herself and having a lot of fun.

3 comments:

The Clark Family said...

These are such great pictures of Savannah at her soccer game! I bet you will be a great assistant coach and have those little girls playing their positions and everything by the end of next season!

Jared and Kelly said...

Hooray Savannah! Way to go my cute little niece! I am so glad that you are having so much fun. Please remember to video record one of her games at some point, as I would love to see one! So sad I'm not there to cheer her on in person.

Sal Gal said...

So Sorry you have been sick! I am glad you are on some good meds! I LOVE reading your blog and seeing pictures of your kids. Savannah is a little "Tracie" out there on the soccer field. I can totally see you as the coach next season! Go Green!! :) (That is my favorite color!!:) We have not ventured into the world of soccer yet, but I feel it coming! Get some rest and get better soon. I am sending you cyber HUGS!!