Monday, September 7, 2009

Finishing Up Summer

Okay, so summer is definitely over but, since this blog is my journal and I have been slacking as of late, it is time to just finish up with our summer activities. We truly had a wonderful visit with my parents in Cincinnati. The three weeks just flew by and it was hard to come back home.
While there, Savannah lost a tooth...her first upper tooth loss.

We spent several mornings at the park.


The kids did this fun trampoline thing at the mall.



Grandma made Savannah this fun, colorful blanket.

The kids helped Grandpa in the yard. What a difference from when we were kids...we hated it! My kids, however, LOVED it, especially Xander!



A lot of time was spent riding bikes and cars in the driveway.

Of course we always have to have our walk in the nature preserve.


Savannah, Xander, and I went to an animal show. Check out Xander petting the live snake.


Celebrating Grandma's birthday.

Cooling off at the water park.




One night we headed up to one of my dearest friends Amie's house for some dinner and catching up. It was so great to see her.

And, of course, lots and LOTS of reading with Grandpa.

The kids sure do miss their grandparents. Another fun-filled summer and now, back to the real world.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know why they loved doing the yard work- It wasn't at home!! And better yet, it was with Grandpa! At least, those were my reasons when I was their age... :)
You guys had a crazy fun filled summer!

BryanSchaeffer.blogspot.com said...

Yeah, they loved the yard work because they don't have to do it every Saturday before they can go swimming! Anyways, what are Xander and Savannah holding? A baby fox? Oh, and Noah is the cutest little guy! He just keeps getting cuter and cuter! I know that mom and dad loved having your family there in Cinci. I wish that I could have been there but maybe Christmas, right? I love ya and can't wait to talk with you.

BryanSchaeffer.blogspot.com said...

Oh yeah, how is Amy doing? I always loved her and we all had some good times working at Homecare. I also remember going and seeing Reality Bites with you and her. How cool that you got to see her!

Sommer said...

Man what fun memories they will have in Ohio, I love the picture of Noah and Savannah on her bike. Your mom is so pretty and looks so fabulous!

Jared and Kelly said...

I'm so jealous that I don't get to see your kids as often as other members of the family... :) Ya, perhaps the yard work dread came from the fact that it was MANDATORY...