Thursday, August 13, 2009

Cousins

Savannah is always telling me how much she wants a sister...so I'm always telling her that she sure is lucky that she has fabulous female cousins; they can be her sisters. One of the best things about our visits to Cincinnati is that my sister Heidi is usually visiting at the same time. Savannah and Xander love their cousin McKenna so much and they always have the best time together. Noah and Ashlyn really got along well with each other as well. While the big kids ran off to play, Ashlyn and Noah would hold hands and trail after them. I got to drive in the car several times with Ashlyn and Noah together and got the biggest kick out of Ashlyn telling him what to do (and what not to do). "Noah, don't pick your nose." "Noah, don't spit at me." "Noah, it's your turn to sing." When we were driving home from the Aquarium, Ashlyn must have sung the ABC song about 20 times. As she started singing it once again, Noah started yelling, "NO, NO, NO!!" Every time she tried to start, he would just start shouting "No!" But the best happened a few minutes after Ashlyn had stopped singing and it got pretty quiet. My dad and I were enjoying the silence when I noticed the horrible farm smell. I plugged my nose and started to turn around to tell the kids that we were passing a stinky farm. Noah started shouting, "Stinky shoe, stinky shoe." I looked back at them and sure enough, Ashlyn had taken off her shoe and boy, was it smelly. She's lucky she's so dang cute! The two of them were just so hilarious together.




Hopefully one day we'll live closer to each other; I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

5 comments:

HeavenlyHome said...

Oh, so funny! Noah is such a hoot!
And you're right...cousins are wonderful!

BryanSchaeffer.blogspot.com said...

The kids could not be any cuter or more fun! That picture of Ashlyn and Noah is priceless! Definitely one that they can treasure when they are older. I cannot wait to see all of you again! Hopefully for Christmas, right?

Sommer said...

The stinky shoe story was so funny I'm still laughing out loud! I love the second picture of Noah and Ashlyn too!

The Clark Family said...

Ok, so I finally am getting on my computer to blog and make some comments! Um, excuse me, you better watch it with that shoe story! JK. I never make her wear socks with those shoes and in the heat, you know what happens! Oh well. Luckily she is so cute, otherwise I don't know if she would ever be able to overcome the label of "stinky shoe girl" her auntie has placed upon her!

Jared and Kelly said...

I don't know that I have really any memories of our cousins - well, they're few and far between. It's so great that all your kids get along so well! (though we'll see how long it takes until Noah doesn't want to be told what to do anymore...) :)