Saturday, December 5, 2009

Thanksgiving

Yay! David is finally back from Florida so I can now update my blog. We headed to Cincinnati to spend Thanksgiving with my parents, something we haven't done since David and I have been married. Usually my parents celebrate the holiday in California but decided to stay home this year. Lucky me! Two of my sisters, Kelly, and my sister Heidi and her family, also came out so it really was a holiday spent with family. We got there Wednesday afternoon and within the first hour of being there, Xander fell in my parents' pond...that's a new one! (Obviously he wasn't too happy about me recording the moment for posterity.)

And on Saturday it was Noah's turn!

But the pond-falling moments aside, probably the biggest excitement of our trip was new baby Kellan. Oh, what a cute little guy he is. Savannah loved holding him and giving him kisses but I think I even outdid her...that little guy just captured my heart. I never got tired of holding him.

The most upsetting moment of the weekend? Probably watching my Utes lose to those dang BYU cougars and having my dad fly his HUGE BYU flag out front for the game.

Thanksgiving itself was fabulous. My dad prepares the most wonderful turkey and he cooks it during the night so that when we wake up Thanksgiving morning, we wake up to the delicious aroma of cooked turkey and can dig in right away.

Noah loved hanging out with my dad and kept calling him "Grandma". My dad worked on it with him so that by the end of the trip Noah was correctly calling him "GrandPA", with the emphasis on the "pa".


A special moment of the visit was on Saturday when little Kellan was blessed in my parents' home. Ryan's parents and sister were able to be there as well. It was a truly beautiful blessing for a very special little boy.



It was too short of a visit but well worth the long drive. We had such a great time visiting, eating, laughing, and spending time together.

4 comments:

The Clark Family said...

We had such a great time with you! I am so glad we got to spend this time with you, especially since we will be apart for Christmas. Kellan is pretty cute if I do so say myself. What fun times we have together, but I must admit it is easier on our pocketbooks when we are not together to shop and rationalize why we need stuff to each other!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. Dan, Jackie, and I were all sad about the Utes losing too.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sommer said...

Family is the best! I'm glad you had fun.