Sunday, December 20, 2009

Blizzard '09

It's being called the Blizzard of 2009 and we were smack dab in the middle of it. We woke up Saturday morning to about 6 inches of snow and it continued snowing throughout the day.


The kids were dying to go out in the snow despite my warnings of "playing in a blizzard is NOT fun". But they all got dressed in what they thought were warm clothes and after I added some scarves, gloves, and coats to their outfits, out they headed.



Xander, ever so helpful, grabbed his little plastic shovel to help David shovel the snow.


Noah folded first. After about 15 minutes, he had had enough. His nose was running all over the place, his nose and cheeks were bright red, and he was soaked from head to toe. The other kids soon followed. I promised them that it would be much more fun to play in it once it stopped snowing. The snow continued to fall the rest of the day and by the time we went to bed, it had reached about 2 feet. Amazing!

6 comments:

The Clark Family said...

Ok, that is crazy! I agree it is no fun to play while the blizzard is still going on. But they will have fun making snowmen and having snowball fights later on! McKenna is so jealous. We think it is freezing here today because the high is only 66.

HeavenlyHome said...

We love it, too!!!! Tomorrow will be a better day for pictures for us....my kids were out when I could barely see them!!! I hope it stays a while...and I hope we get tons more!

mary said...

Okay, I can't say I miss all that snow, but we do miss you guys. Hope you have a wonderful white Christmas!

BryanSchaeffer.blogspot.com said...

That's crazy Tracie! I may no longer be in Mexico, but Cinci really isn't that bad of a place, despite the fact that it is much colder here than in Puebla. But, I'm sure that the kids can have fun in the snow!

Anonymous said...

WOW! And I thought our blizzard of 1 foot at once was bad!! It looks like the kids had tons of fun though!!

Sommer said...

I know I can't beleive how much snow we got!!!! I'm loving it, though I'm sure in another week I'll be sick of it =) I love the picture of Xander helping David shovel the snow.