Tuesday, December 8, 2009

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas!

The kids absolutely love when I get out the Christmas decorations...on go the Santa hats and stockings!


And of course riding in "Santa's sleigh" is another highlight.

While I decorate, the kids pour over all the Christmas books that have been packed away for the year.

But the favorite part of decorating for Christmas is picking out the tree and then hanging all the fun decorations. Each year I take the kids to Michaels to pick out an ornament and we mark the back with their name and year. Once they have found all their own ornaments from Christmases past, the hanging begins.



We definitely have a kids' tree...check out all the ornaments at the bottom. David and I had to rearrange a few just to lighten the load of the lower branches!

3 comments:

The Clark Family said...

How fun! That is a good tradition, picking out an ornament each year. I will have to do that. Remember our trees growing up? All of the icicles we would throw on? Like boxes of that stuff. We just loved it! Decorating the tree is totally something I remember and I hope our kids will have such fond memories!

BryanSchaeffer.blogspot.com said...

Tracie, you are such a cute mom! What a great idea with the ornaments! I agree with Heidi: decorating the tree is one of my fondest memories of growing up in the Schaeffer household so I'm glad that your kids are experiencing all of that joy! Could my little boy Noah be any cuter!?!?! (By the way, I don't think so!).

mom2beachbums said...

LOVE the pic of your littlest one with the Santa hat and stockings!!