Thursday, December 10, 2009

God Is Good

Today I attended a very beautiful funeral service. A friend of ours was due to deliver her baby this next Sunday but last Sunday they received the terrible news that the baby had passed away. With great sorrow in my heart, I watched this beautiful family today gather to say farewell to this little child that they won't have with them for this earthly journey. So many people in this world would be crushed, devastated by this kind of a trial. Although the pain and anguish is there for this family, the mother said to me this afternoon, "God is good." And she is right. Yes, the sorrow and the grief is there and will be for a long time but they know who to turn to for comfort and strength. Our friends' faith and courage through this loss in their lives amazes me. As I stood at the gravesite and looked at this tiny casket, I couldn't help but think of another baby, born long ago in Bethlehem. Because of him, this family will be able to have their beautiful daughter with them again; families truly can be together forever.

I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have of Heavenly Father's plan of happiness for his children. When trials and hardships such as this one come our way, we can know that it is but for a small moment. Our Savior Jesus Christ suffered all so that we can attain the greatest happiness and joy. No words can express the gratitude and love I have for my Savior and all that he has done for me.

This family was a witness to me today of the beautiful promises of our Heavenly Father and my testimony has been strengthened by their faith and love.

7 comments:

KD said...

I enjoyed reading this post.

Jeanne Lawyer said...

That was beautiful Tracie. Thanks for sharing your tender testimony.

Sommer said...

Thank you Tracie for your testimony and the courage to make a post like this. It was beautiful and I needed to hear it. I love yoU!

mom2beachbums said...

Thank you Tracie, I am so grateful for those like you who bear witness. I know its what our Saviour would have you do. love, Carmen

mom2beachbums said...

Oh I meant to add, I love those paintings you included. I have never seen them before so thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful Tracie.

HeavenlyHome said...

You are lovely.