Thursday, May 20, 2010

Goodbye, Preschool!

After three years of preschool, Xander has finally graduated! Monday was the Preschool Graduation ceremony at his school - definitely a bittersweet moment.

The Processional - Xander is at the end.

As each child walked up to receive his or her diploma, Miss Kelly talked about that child and mentioned some special things about him or her. It was fun to hear about each student, especially Xander. According to his teacher, although Xander is very shy and quiet, in the last few weeks of school he started to show off his sense of humor. He's also a very good cuddler, especially with Miss Lori.
When Xander went up to receive his diploma, he was so embarrassed that he just grabbed it and took off back to his seat.

The little 2010 graduate with his diploma.

After watching a very sweet video of pictures from the past year's events, we all headed down to Xander's classroom for an art show. Displayed around the classroom were many works of art and crafts that the children had completed throughout the year. We also received an art book with drawings that Xander had done each month.





Xander's two fabulous teachers, Miss Lori and Miss Kelly.

My favorite shot of Xander and me.

Afterwards we took Xander out to lunch at a nearby restaurant. Several of the other families from preschool were there as well to celebrate this occasion together.

Congratulations, Xander!

4 comments:

BryanSchaeffer.blogspot.com said...

Yay Xanderman!! He is such a funny guy and I cannot wait to be able to hang out with him this summer. Give him a big hug for me and tell him that I say Congratulations!! Wow, I just can't believe how big all of my nieces and nephews are getting and yet, somehow, I'm still 25!!

The Clark Family said...

If you are 25 Bryan, then I am 24 and that can't be because I am actually 22. Anyway, yay Xander! He is so cute and I love all of his pictures. He looks so much like you Tracie it is kind of crazy. We love you guys and can't wait to see you.

Sommer said...

I loved looking at his art work. So adorable My favorite was the werewolf one =)

Catherine said...

How cute are those little graduations! And wow, three years of preschool, you must have started him early!