Saturday, May 1, 2010

Planting Flowers


The time had come to clear the weeds out of our front yard and beautify it! Just as my parents used to do, David and I decided to include the kids on our flower planting venture.

They're still young enough to believe that working in the yard is fun! They're just lucky that our little patch of planting area is tiny, nothing compared to the acreage that I used to have to weed. Okay, so maybe not acreage but it sure was a lot!

They all did a great job, even Noah, although he did try to plant the flower still in it's plastic container.

Noah had to point out all the earthworms that he came across and wasn't too pleased when David decided to throw a few on him. I had reminisced about my dad throwing one on me one time as we weeded the strawberry patch so I guess the idea sounded appealing to David. Aren't we horrible parents?

3 comments:

HeavenlyHome said...

Oh, my, YES, you are indeed horrible horrible parents!!! When can my kids come and play?!?!?

Jared and Kelly said...

Dad has to be incredulous since none of your kids are crying or fussing or making excuses to get out of the yardwork... Thank goodness I developed allergies! :) Just teasing.

Catherine said...

This is really when I need some kids, I had to drag my mom out to help me garden!