Friday, August 24, 2007

12 Years!




Tuesday David and I celebrated our 12 year wedding anniversary. We will do our "going out" thing this weekend but we did exchange cards and gifts Tuesday night. About 6-7 years ago David lost his wedding ring which we did replace. But in July, while my parents were staying with us, my Mom was searching for something that we had lost and happened to find David's original wedding ring in our couch. Obviously I do clean my couch so this wasn't a simple matter of lifting the cushions. My mom dug deep inside the couch and came out with his ring on her finger. This ring has been hidden in our couch for all this time, even making the move cross country. I was so excited when she found it and knew that I would give it to David for our anniversary. It has been hard to keep this gift secret and I couldn't wait for him to open his gift. When he opened it he said, "This looks just like my ring. Wait...this is my ring!" So I told him the amazing story. I think he was in shock most of the night.

3 comments:

The Clark Family said...

That is such a cool story! Sorry I missed your anniversay, hope you have a great time this weekend. I am so glad you guys are doing the blog as well, I love looking at pictures of you guys and seeing what you are up to! (Not that we don't talk like everyday as well!)

Sal Gal said...

What a neat gift! Chris lost his wedding ring a few years back. He insisted that he left it on his nightstand and the cleaning lady either stole it or vacuumed it up. Well, one day Meg had an "accident" in her car seat because I refused to stop at a gas station and thought she could make it home. I was so mad at myself because I now had to completely take apart the car seat to wash and disinfect it. This was to become an all-night project. While I was taking the thing apart, all of these "gross" things were caught in the bottom of the seat. I dumped it into my sink, and was AMAZED at what I saw...Chris' wedding ring! Apparently about 4 years ago they were playing with the ring and it fell inside the car seat. The girls...of course, never said a word. I was just happy to have found it...just as I bet you are! What is the matter with MEN???? :):):) Happy Anniversary by the way!

Pamela Anderson said...

Great story and way to work it into the anniversary. I got Brian a new ring for ours this year since his has always been a little too small and can't be enlarged. Congrats on so many years. WOW I can't believe how old we are getting.