Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Riding the Bus





Today was the really tough day...the day that Savannah got on the bus to kindergarten and spent the whole day there. Originally I was not going to let her ride the bus but she wanted to so badly. Plus, once I saw how well the bus system was handled, I figured it would be okay. The kindergarten children have to wear hats with their names and their teachers' name on it as well as a necklace that has a colored image on it signifying which classroom and teacher the child belongs to. They wear these things for the first two weeks until the children know exactly what they are supposed to do and where they are supposed to go. When they arrive at school the teachers meet the buses and grab the children that belong with them. We arrived at the bus stop with plenty of time to spare because I wasn't sure exactly what time the bus would arrive and I did NOT want to miss it on the first day. Savannah was so excited to ride the bus that when it did arrive she almost got on without even saying goodbye to us. As she got on the bus I had to really hold it together but Xander just started bawling (probably because he wanted to ride the bus too). I tried to keep us busy today running errands so that Xander (and I) would be too preoccupied to think about Savannah being gone. We picked her up at the bus stop at 4:00 and she filled us in on her first day. She absolutely loved it, as I knew she would. She told us about all the fun things she had done and who she had played with. I really love her teacher...she has really gone above and beyond her call as a teacher. At least I made it through this day and hopefully from here on out it will get a lot easier.

1 comments:

The Clark Family said...

Savannah looks so cute in that hat! I have always said no way to my kids riding the bus but hopefully they will have a nice system like that because I know McKenna will want to ride the bus as well.