Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Kids





After enduring a week of hot, sticky, MISERABLE weather, we finally received cooler weather this weekend. I wish the cooler trend would continue but this week's forecast looks hot once again. We try to get to the pool most mornings and then stay in the house during the afternoons when the temperature is at its' hottest. We are counting down the days until Savannah starts kindergarten...just 2 more weeks. She is very excited and she and I headed out Saturday to purchase a new backpack, school supplies, and a new outfit. It was a "girl field trip", as Savannah refers to them, and it included a trip to Friendly's for ice cream sundaes as well. We are all excited for Savannah to start school and I thought that I would have no problem with her heading off to elementary school, especially considering she has attended preschool for the past 2 years. But in Maryland kindergarten is all day plus she'll be riding the bus. I'm starting to get sad thinking that my little Savannah will be gone most of the day. The person who will probably miss Savannah more than me is Xander. Xander and Savannah are buds, spending all day playing together. I think it will take a little bit of time for him to adjust but thank goodness he'll be starting preschool just a couple of weeks after Savannah. Although he's upset about not being able to ride the bus to preschool(according to Xander one of the greatest thrills in life is riding a bus), I think he'll really enjoy preschool. Noah turns 4 months at the end of this next week and already weighs 20 pounds and has cut 2 teeth. But regardless of the teething pain and swollen gums he is still our happy little baby. I never dreamed that perfect babies existed anywhere but I actually have one. He's getting so big and we all just adore him.

1 comments:

The Clark Family said...

I can't believe Noah is getting so big! He totally dwarfs Ashlyn! He is such a good baby, you are so lucky. I am so excited for both Savannah and Xander to start school, tell them their Auntie Heidi is so happy for them and will be thinking of them!