Monday, August 27, 2007

Kindergarten has arrived!

The day that Savannah has been waiting for and that I have been somewhat dreading has arrived...Savannah entered kindergarten today! It wasn't that bad because it was a gradual entrance day so I went with her to the school and we were only there an hour. We had met her teacher, Ms. Moretti, on Friday night at the Open House and I was impressed with her then. She sent Savannah a postcard about a week ago which I thought was wonderful...and she is wonderful. She loves Wizard of Oz, just like Savannah, and has Wizard of Oz pictures all over the room. While we were there she read to the kids, we played a math game, Savannah made a puppet, and we explored Savannah's classroom and visited the cafeteria. Tomorrow is the big day...Savannah will ride the bus and stay at school all day. I never thought I would feel this nervous about any of my kids going off to school but it has been really hard. I just worry about how the other kids are going to treat her and if she's going to be able to make friends. But I am also very excited for her because she honestly loves to learn new things.





We've decided to try a new thing for Family Home Evening. We always have our Family Home Evening on Sundays because it has always been the easiest night to do it. But holding it on Sunday sometimes limits what we can do. So I thought it would be fun to have our Family Home Evening lesson, songs, and all that stuff on Sunday and then on Monday nights do a Family Home Evening Activity. So, tonight our activity was heading to the nearest Baskin Robbins for some ice cream. While we sat there enjoying our treat, Savannah suggested that we take turns deciding what the Family Activity will be. I thought that was a great idea so we'll see what David picks to do next week.

1 comments:

Pamela Anderson said...

I feel you with the K thing. It was a bit brutal. Serra's real teacher is actually out on baby leave for the first 8 weeks. So she has a sub. Weird.