Friday, April 30, 2010

An Unexpected Pregnancy

First off, I hope that no one clicked on here thinking this post was about me...because it's not. According to David, this particular pregnancy is a disaster of epic proportions! Savannah and I are extremely excited though, because


our little Princess went and got herself in the family way. We had put off having her fixed because of David's layoff and the cost of the procedure. A couple weeks ago, after David brought the subject up of taking her in, I went out to feed the cats, took one look at Princess, and told David, "Too late." I have never seen David so angry and, after living with me for almost 15 years, that's saying a lot! We can't even bring it up to him without his mouth getting all tight and his eyes narrowing.
Savannah, on the other hand, is beside herself with joy. She has convinced herself that she will be keeping several of the kittens and has written out a list of fabulous kittie names. I am trying to prepare her for the likely event that Princess will have these babies in the woods and we might not be lucky enough to ever see them. This weekend Savannah and I are going to prepare a box for her in hopes that when her time comes, which should be soon, she will stick around but we'll just have to wait and see.
One of our favorite things to do is put our hands on Princess's tummy and feel those little babies moving around in there.

7 comments:

BryanSchaeffer.blogspot.com said...

That's such great news!I love little kittens!! And I'm sure Savannah is so excited about them. I really hope that your family gets to see the little ones, hold them, cuddle them, and love them the way we used to when we were younger. It was always so thrilling to have those baby kittens around, wasn't it? David can either accept the fact that there will be kittens or not, but only one choice will lead to happiness and freedom. Anyways, congrats!

The Clark Family said...

Growing up with cats constantly giving birth must have made us immune to the downsides. Just tell David that you guys will do the same thing we did with mom: go to the store with the kittens in a box and give them away for free!

Catherine said...

Sorry to tell you, I saw the title and did think it was you! How fun to have kittens, though! Is it horrible I think it's funny that David is so mad?

Jeanne Lawyer said...

When I saw the name of your post, I said, it has to be the cat. If not it would be the news of the year.

There is nothing cuter than baby kitties. I am certain they are cuter than Daves tight lips. Hopefully he will soon come to terms. :)

Anonymous said...

That is too bad that David is upset about this!! I mean, you guys can just have them, and it will be such a neat experience for the kids!! Besides, when they are old enough, you can just give them away, and get her fixed... no harm really done! I hope for excitements and experiences sake that she decides to birth in the box you make her! I remember when I was about 10, we had a mutt dog that got herself in the family way. It was alot of fun, and then when the puppies were old enough, we just gave them away. :)

Sommer said...

Wow that is so exciting for you guys! I look forward to some more updates coming soon! What a fun thing for you and Savannah!

Jared and Kelly said...

I LOVE KITTENS! I wish I could hang out with some kittens... Maybe David will change his mind once he sees them. You remember how Dad always complains about the animals, but he really loves them?