Monday, September 20, 2010

G - O - A - A - L - L - L!!!!!!!!!

Saturday was the first Saturday that we've been able to attend both Savannah and Xander's games as a family and boy, what games they were. We started off at Xander's game with the X man playing goalkeeper. I'm not too big on my kids playing in goal because I'm always afraid they'll get kicked in the face. But Xander wanted to give it a try and he did a great job...no goals were scored on his watch.


Xander eventually made it out on the field and got to battle it out a couple times with his special friend Emma who was playing for the other team. It was hilarious when she realized that she was playing Xander; she stopped short, stared at him, and then started telling everyone on the field, including Xander's coach, that her boyfriend was on the other team. She's #10 for the orange team, in front of Xander on this play.

Xander scored 2 goals in this game, including the winning goal.

Two crazy fans!

Next we headed to Savannah's game where I was flying solo as coach. Needless to say, I was extremely nervous to run the team by myself. Our girls had taken a pounding the previous week but they were much more lively this week and ended up winning 5-0. One of those goals happened to be scored by the cutest girl in the world and would have made any highlight reel. With her big kick she sent the ball flying up and over one defender and the goalkeeper; I was so glad I was wearing sunglasses because I definitely got teary-eyed with that one. Unfortunately for pictures Savannah's field is much bigger and David can't move around to get better shots with two little guys needing his attention on the sideline.


Our water boy.

2 comments:

HeavenlyHome said...

The "X MAN" is the perfect name for a goalie! And oh, if we could only hide those momma tears behind sunglasses in other places, too!

BryanSchaeffer.blogspot.com said...

I love the water boy pic!! Hahaha...poor little No-no! What a great day for the family: soccer!! I remember how mom and dad would split up and take us to our respective games on those Saturdays oh so long ago. But those are memories that I will always cherish. So for you to be able to see both Xander's and Savannah's games is just remarkable. Say hi to everyone for me!