Thursday, September 2, 2010

DC, Baseball, Reading, and More!



On Saturday, August 28th, my dad and I converged on Washington DC with not 83,000 people, not tens of thousands of people, but hundreds of thousands of people to lend our support to Glenn Beck's non-political rally "Restoring Honor". We heard from speakers such as Sarah Palin and the niece of Martin Luther King Jr. and of course from Glenn Beck himself. Absolutely nothing political was mentioned; it was, rather, a fundraiser for the Special Operations Warriors Foundation, a group that raises money for the children of fallen special ops soldiers, as well as a rallying cry for Americans to turn to their churches and turn to each other to help restore this country to what the Founding Fathers designed it to be.

Dad and I really enjoyed being a part of this great event!

Leaving the rally with the masses following behind me. In one article a reporter mentioned that the thousands of people who came to DC that day left it looking better than it did before they arrived. What a polite, friendly, patient, helpful crowd of people - it was amazing!

Although Dad's main reason for visiting was the rally, he was here with us for 4 days so the kids got plenty of time to soak up "Grandpa time". Xander's favorite thing to do with Grandpa is wrestle.


Noah was Grandpa's little shadow. Where ever Grandpa went, Noah followed. Noah was devastated when he was not allowed to take a shower with Grandpa and had a tough time allowing Grandpa to have a few moments alone to get dressed. Noah really enjoyed throwing the baseball with Grandpa although the actual throwing time didn't last long.


And of course Grandpa spent a lot of time reading to the kids.

The best part of all was that Grandpa was here for the kids' first day of school and walked with us to the bus stop to see Savannah off.

2 comments:

Camille said...

I thought I'd read a few blogs this morning. Your family has been busy! It was nice to catch up. I don't blog. I just do facebook. My sister almost went to the Glenn Beck rally. I hope Obama got the message but I'm not holding my breath!

Catherine said...

How fun!