Saturday, September 11, 2010

Keepers Kickoff!


September brings not only the start of school but the beginning of Keepers as well! To kick off the new year we met at the Washburns house for our first meeting celebrating "The Virtuous Woman". This whole year of Keepers will be focused on the traits found in Proverbs Chapter 31 which Catherine did an excellent job introducing. The first trait we focused on? "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands." (Proverbs 31:13); the activity - calligraphy. Okay, so maybe a tiny bit of a stretch but it never hurts to work on one's penmanship.


The girls completed a calligraphy page that could be hung up in their rooms. Not too shabby, Miss Savannah!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great activity. Women are definitely above rubies if we follow what our Heavenly Father has commanded us to do. Fulfilling our divine rolls is very satisfying! Miss Savannah is a calligraphy pro it seems to me!!

The Clark Family said...

Holy beautiful Savannah! She looks so gorgeous and that calligraphy is amazing!

BryanSchaeffer.blogspot.com said...

You know that I have been fascinated by calligraphy (which literally means 'beautiful writing'-as I'm sure you already knew!) for quite some time now. So this looks like just a great activity for the keepers! And Savannah did a tremendous job!

HeavenlyHome said...

OH, we sure have lots of fun with you guys!!!
Your project turned out FABULOUS, Savannah! Way to "work with your hands", and have the reward of a job well done!

Jonathan and Audra said...

Umm, wow, she writes better than I do.

Anonymous said...

I wanted to let you know I have given you a sunshine blog award. I love reading your blog and feeling like I know what is going on with you guys oh so far away!!

Jared and Kelly said...

I'd say not too shabby!! And anyone else notice how many patches Savannah has?!! Well done! And typical Bryan - I sure didn't know what calligraphy meant! Thanks, smarty pants!