Sunday, October 31, 2010

Trunk or Treat Fun!

My kids always plan their Halloween costumes a year in advance. As they sort all the candy they got from trick-or-treating, their conversation usually turns to what they are going to dress up as the next year. So, Savannah has known for quite some time that this was the year she was going as a devil. And what a cute little devil she is!!!

Noah's costume ideas changed daily; one day he wanted to be a Musketeer, the next it was Wolverine. Obviously I wasn't about to fork over money just to have him change his mind the day of Halloween and refuse to wear his costume. Every few days he would go back to "I want to be Skeletor for Halloween" so I did spend $3 on a skeleton facial painting kit, pulled out some black dress-up clothes, and crossed my fingers. Thank goodness the night of trunk-or-treat he was more than happy to become Skeletor!

Xander had his mind set on being a vampire this year and couldn't wait to get his face painted, stick in his fangs, and go bite some necks.

We LOVE dressing up for Halloween!!

We had a blast at our ward's trunk-or-treat activity. And thank goodness we had the activity to look forward to; since Halloween is on a Sunday this year, the only trick-or-treating the kids get to do was at this activity. The night started with yummy soups, rolls, cornbread, and a variety of desserts. Awards were handed out for various costumes - I won "Most Likely to Have my Own Pyramid" (I was dressed as Nefertiti) and Noah also won a prize but the announcer spoke so softly that I have no idea what his exact win was. After the awards, we all headed outside for the candy.
David, dressed as "SuperDad" (costume consisted of Noah's Superman cape), handed out the candy and I walked with the boys.


A fellow bloodsucker! (Look, Bishop, you made the blog!)

The family picture.

"I want to suck your blood, Mommy!"

David did such a great job painting Noah's skeleton face...

that when it was time to clean it off, Noah was devastated.

2 comments:

Megan and Jonny said...

Oh my goodness. Poor Noah! I didn't even see him that night--that was some fantastic face painting. I should have let your husband do Jon's paint job...

I loved your costume, by the way!

HeavenlyHome said...

That is so funny...Noah devastated to be human again! All of your darlings looked "spooktacular"! Love the family fun!