Tuesday, December 6, 2011

It's Beginning...

Maybe it's because of the nice, warm weather we've been having lately. Maybe it's because we aren't visiting family this year. Whatever the reason I have just not been in the Christmas mood yet this year. Here we are, already several days into December and I'm feeling a tad bit like Ebenezer Scrooge. One of the best ways to hopefully work myself into a happy, holiday mom was to get a Christmas tree into the house stat! Saturday morning we all headed out to our local Home Depot to find the perfect tree. As we searched through the trees, Noah picked up a broken tree branch and while standing amongst a bunch of Christmas trees, raised the branch above his head, closed his eyes, and said, "Pick me! I'm a Christmas tree!" It was pretty cute. (The reenactment picture since I was without my camera at Home Depot.)

The kids are always so excited to pull out all the ornaments and find their favorites from years past.

All lit up and ready to be decorated!



This was Xander's year to put the angel on the top. I'm glad he's smiling for the picture because he was actually quite terrified to be up so high.

Having a beautifully decorated Christmas tree and other decorations throughout the house have helped a bit. Daily doses of Christmas carols and the wonderful messages from the First Presidency on Sunday night haven't hurt either. I'm still trying to find that holiday spirit but for now I'm just happy that the kids are feeling it.

4 comments:

HeavenlyHome said...

UMMMMM...so Noah is sporting the Scrooge in that last picture...and it is adorable!!!

The Clark Family said...

I too love that face of Noah's in the last pic. I am so sad that we will not be spending Christmas together, but I am excited that you will finally be spending one in your hometown! We miss you tons! And your tree is gorgeous!

Catherine said...

I feel a little the same way, haven't felt like doing much decorating. I think mine has to do with working and being too tired, though. I hope to get the tree up this weekend!

Unknown said...

That is the cutest story ever about Noah being a Christmas tree!!! I love it! The kids are all looking so grown up!!!
I understand the whole "not feeling the Christmas Spirit" feeling! I haven't had any Christmas spirit for 10 years!!! My mom died 10 years ago, and at this time of year, so it has been a bit hard since then. However, being married has helped a bit, and if we ever decide to have a family, I know that having kids helps with all the holidays and having holiday spirit!! Hang in there!
The tree looks great!!!