Tuesday, January 8, 2008

First Day of Primary



Sunday was the first day of Primary for Xander and contrary to the pictures, Xander was NOT happy about it. Xander really enjoyed nursery, especially the toys and the snacks. Well, no more of that! We arrived at church a little early so the kids could say hi to David. David tried to get Xander excited about being in primary but Xander was having none of it. We dropped Savannah off first and she happily went off to her new class (she is now in CTR 6). Xander and I walked up to his classroom where another little boy was crying, not eager to start Primary either. Xander's teacher came to the door to greet him. His teacher is a very glamorous, beautiful older woman, with perfect hair, makeup, dress, jewelry, everything. She said hello to Xander and from that moment on Xander could not keep his eyes off her. He still clung to my leg as we went into the classroom but his eyes never left her. The Primary president and a counselor came in at that moment to drop off treats for the kids so it was a perfect opportunity for me to hurry out. Later at church Xander's teacher told me that he never stopped staring at her during the whole class; she would ask him a question but he never answered, he just stared at her. Last night as I was relating this all to my mom, she told me that she had had to sit with me for the first 6 months of my Primary experience. I told her that maybe they should have put a hunky teacher in and there wouldn't have been a problem. It's nice to know that Xander has made the transition well and now I'm just counting down the months until Noah can go to nursery. October, October, October...it can't come fast enough!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Tracie!
I was so excited to get your Christmas photo with your blog address. The card I sent to you got returned a few days ago so I guess I wrote your address wrong. Email me with your new address, will you: kirby.julie@gmail.com.
I'm excited to keep up on your family.

The Clark Family said...

That is so funny! I too was going to blog Kenna's first day of primary but couldn't even get out of bed to take a picture. I will take one this week and lie and say it was her first day! Xander looks so handsome in those pictures!