Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!

It's hard to believe that it's already 2008! Weren't we all just worrying about how Y2K was going to go? And that's 8 years in the past! Time flies when you're having fun.
New Year's Eve was pretty low-key at the Pierce house. David made yummy tempura for dinner although Savannah and Xander weren't that impressed. The kids played for most of the evening and then they were off to bed at their normal bedtime. I know, we're horrible parents for not letting them stay up but honestly, who wants to deal with cranky kids the next day just so they can make some noise at midnight? They're 5 and 3; they'll never remember how they were deprived this New Year's Eve. David and I spent the night cheering our Utah Jazz to victory over Portland, ending the Trailblazers' 13 game winning streak. David zonked out by 11:30 so I was the only one to make it to midnight. Yeah! I rang in the new year by myself...what fun! What can I say? We're a bunch of party animals. New Years Day was also a pretty quiet affair. We watched a lot of football and played with the kids.
I am looking forward to 2008 and the many things that the new year will bring. Like everyone else, David and I worked on our personal goals and resolutions for the new year and I am excited to get started on some of them. Happy 2008!

Enjoying David's tempura.



Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a really nice picture of you and David, we are glad to see you all had nice holidays. Hopefully we will be able to see the whole family this year, I am not sure if you have plans to come out, but it should would be great to see you! Thanks for the Christmas present.

Anonymous said...

"should would"?!? It's a good thing I am in school. It would sure be nice to see ya!!

Pamela Anderson said...

Happy New Year. We had no intention of staying up but did anyway. We had cranky kids.

The Clark Family said...

I wish we could have spent New Years together. We had such a wonderful time with you guys, we miss you so much already! McKenna keeps saying, I see Savannah and Xander in St. John!