Sunday, June 8, 2008

One Hot Saturday!

Saturday was EXTREMELY HOT!!!! Temps were in the upper 90's and the only good thing about the weather was the humidity hasn't kicked in yet. So, with it being so hot there's no better place to be than at the pool. We headed over to the club for a couple hours of swimming time.


Both Savannah and Xander love the pool and it seems like Noah is going to be the same way.


Noah loves to put his face in the water and take a drink.


Savannah had a birthday party in the afternoon which is just so much fun for me. (Yes, there's just a hint of sarcasm to that statement.) I got to sit outside in the sweltering heat for two hours and watch Savannah and her friends run around. The kids did cool off the parents with water balloons but it definitely was a LONG two hours.



Do kids even notice that it's close to 100 degrees? All they wanted to do on Saturday was play outside! The cool house was calling but I stayed outside with them to make sure Noah didn't escape into the woods. Savannah and Xander found what they called "a bean stalk" and started to plant it so, as Xander said, "a giant will come visit us." Yes, just what I need. Savannah quickly grew tired of the planting but for those of you who know Xander, he is a worker (except when it comes to cleaning up his toys.) He dug a hole, tried planting the stalk, patted the earth, and spent a good half hour doing some other "gardening".




If you look close enough, you can see the beads of sweat on Noah's face. When your one year old is sweating, you know it's time to head indoors!


No visits from giants today but the "Easter Bunny" (another Xander name) paid us a visit. I love having woods behind us because of all the wonderful wildlife we get to see...except for the snakes; I'm not too fond of those. And David would probably say the raccoons. I've saved several raccoons' lives because David really wants to kill them...though I must admit to whacking a few with my broom.

4 comments:

Sommer said...

I think this is one of my favorite posts you have ever posted, you had me laughing and smiling the whole time I was looking at this. Thank you! I LOVE your kids so much, they are just incrediably adorable, holy cow! All the pictures were so cute. Where do you go to go swimming and how much is it? Seriously I want to know because it looks soooo nice and sooo fun, and I love how it's catered to toddlers as well. What a fun family activity. I loved Savannah pushing Noah on the bike with the rope and the story of Xander spending half an hour gardening for the giant and those pictures were too cute! And Tracie, shame on you for hitting racoons with your broom, that made me laugh I could just picture you doing that =)

Sommer said...

Oh yeah, and I really like the first picture of the back of Noah and Savannah, it is precious!

Catherine said...

We didn't even think to go to the pool on Saturday, we just stayed inside as much as possible!

Jeanne Lawyer said...

What a fun day for you guys! Well...the kids anyway. Xander and his imagination make me laugh. Savannah always looks like she is having a great time and I love the picture of little Noah in the water. He is a little fish. Fun pictures. Although I would have loved to see a picture of you after sitting in the car for a few hours. I can imagine what that looked like.