Friday, June 20, 2008

The Lazy Days of Summer

Ahhh, the lazy days of summer. Despite the fact that David was gone all week, this first week of summer vacation was wonderful. The kids and I really tried to have fun but in simple ways. We headed to the pool a couple of times where Savannah was able to master her snorkeling technique. (We wanted to get lots of practice in before the VI!)



Lots of time was spent outdoors enjoying the beautiful weather and playing with friends. Savannah received some sidewalk paint for her birthday so the kids created some masterpieces on our front walk.


When Noah wasn't eating the chalk, he was trying to draw some abstract art.

The kids found this praying mantis so we all took turns holding him. Unfortunately for the mantis, Xander got scared that "he was going to eat me!" and dropped the mantis, half squashing the poor guy. I hated to do it but I hated even more knowing that the little guy was in pain so I sent the kids away and then smooshed him. It really bummed me out.



Bubbles are always a big hit with kids!


And little Noah just loves doing anything outside.


We also went to the local movie theater where they show free movies on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. We met Savannah's teacher and her son there as well as another of Savannah's friends and her mom. The kids got to see "Mr. Magorium's Magic Emporium". Where was I, you ask? Oh, I was outside, walking around with Noah who had absolutely NO intention of staying in the theater. Next time I'm definitely getting a babysitter. So far it's been a really nice start to our summer.

3 comments:

Sommer said...

Sounds like fun, though you poor thing, I'm sorry that David was out of town, you should have called me and we could have hung out, I guess I should have called you too! We need to hang out though sometime this week, I'm having Tracie withdraws =) Thanks so much for getting those Stephenie Meyer tickets for all of us! Jeanne told me the adventure you had in trying to get them, you poor thing! You have no idea how much this means to me and how much I am so excited to go. Thank you so much!

jenn and flay said...

What a fun start to your summer. I wish I could be there to play too. We definitely need to schedule a girls trip. It's been too long.

Anonymous said...

You are such a good mom Tracie!! You keep the kids so entertained!! Looks like you are having a good summer so far. We are so sad you won't be able to come out and visit this month! We miss you guys!!