Sunday, June 1, 2008

Six Flags

We surprised Savannah and Xander and took them to Six Flags! What a fun day we had with the two of them. Luckily for us, my friend Jeanne watched Noah for us so we could just focus on the big kids. First thing we did when we got to the park? We quickly moved out of line to avoid the gang fight that started RIGHT in front of us. I was pretty peeved when these three guys came up to the men immediately in front of us, thinking that these guys were going to butt in front of us. Good thing I kept my big yapper shut because these men were of a different gang and started whailing on each other. Yeah! Our kids got to experience their first gang fight. What a way to start the day. We do count our blessings, though, that it was just a fist fight and that no weapons made an appearance. Once we made it into the park, everything was fine...for most of the day. We spent a lot of time in Looney Toon Town which had rides just for small kids. Here we are on the carousel...


...acting like the Tasmanian Devil...


...and posing with Yosemite Sam.

Everything was going great...until I met up with the ride called The Avalanche. I have never, ever had a problem with roller coasters or any kind of ride but this thing killed me. We went around and around in these little rockets, Savannah and I, and about halfway through the ride I just closed my eyes and prayed for it to end. But then we started going backward...I really thought my stomach was going to give up its contents. Savannah and I were the last off the ride because for several minutes I couldn't even move. We made it over to David and Xander but I had to quickly take a seat and give my spinning head and stomach a chance to recover. It took me a good hour and a half to get over that ride and feel normal again.

Savannah is such a little sweetie and hated the ride purely because it made me ill. She is showing her opinion of The Avalanche! I would have to agree with her.

The kids enjoyed the ride where they got to be the drivers...

Posing with Daffy...


A ride I could handle...

We all really enjoyed this roller coaster. We've even been able to teach Savannah and Xander to raise their arms in the air.


The day was sunny but not extremely hot so we had decided to save the wet ride for right before we left...we didn't really feel like walking around the whole day drenched. It was definitely a good decision on our part because although the ride was short, we got SOAKED!!!!! I still can't believe the kids talked David and I into going on it.

Definitely a great day!

Now whenever Xander talks about Six Flags he calls it "the fun place." It really was.

4 comments:

Sommer said...

Oh my goodness that is CRAZY about the fist fight right in front of you, I would have been so scared! I hope the guys got kicked out! That is so funny how you got sick on that one ride, well not funny... you know what I mean. I loved the pictures, very cute and I'm glad you all had fun. I really liked the last picture of the kids sleeping, very cute, I could tell they had a blast.

jenn and flay said...

What a fun time! Six Flags is great. We went every year growing up. You are a good sport to go on all the kids rides. We get sick of them pretty fast. They all seem to involve spinning.

The Clark Family said...

Welcome me back from the anti blogging world! I have loved all of your posts and I totally am rooting for the Celtics as well! You guys look like you had so much fun at Six Flags! I laughed at the picture of you and it made me think about that picture that Dad took of you at the VI where you are hunched and have that funny look on your face. If I ever need a laugh, I look at that picture, it just is so funny. I really don't mean that in a mean way!

Jared and Kelly said...

What a fun time! It's weird how getting a little bit older can make roller coasters difficult. I always loved roller coasters, and then when Jared and I went to Busch Gardens a couple years ago I realized that my body no longer thought they were so fun. But amusements parks are always a blast, and your kids look so happy to be there!