Monday, April 6, 2009

Come Listen to a Prophet's Voice

Oh, how I LOVE General Conference! I love hearing the wise counsel, encouragement, and direction from the beloved prophet and apostles. The talks are all so good but my favorites this time were President Uchtdorf's message Sunday morning as well as Elder Holland's. I feel so loved hearing these men speak and I know the messages they are delivering are what our Heavenly Father wants us to hear. It truly is a spiritual feast! Sunday morning I gathered the kids around to read in Mosiah about King Benjamin and his address to the Nephites. I explained that the people set up their tents with their doors facing the temple so they could hear him. Since we were going to be listening to the prophet and apostles, we also decided to build a tent. The kids thought this was great! We got it all set up and settled in to listen.

I had printed up some conference packets for the kids to work on while the sessions were going on. As you can see, Savannah got right to work on hers.

Unfortunately the tent only made it through half of the Sunday morning session. Noah came in, got excited about it, and as Noah likes to do, started to destroy it. He tore off the blankets, knocked over the chairs, and basically put an end to our great idea. Oh, well...we still enjoyed this wonderful conference!

3 comments:

HeavenlyHome said...

Thank heavens for "conference Bingo"!!! We wouldn't have made it through without it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Clark Family said...

That was such a great idea about the tent! I love it. You always have to best ideas. Can my kids come live with you? I love conference too and isn't it funny that those two were my favorites as well, especially Elder Holland. Ryan and I are giving the Easter message this Sunday and it really put me in the right mind frame. What amazing blessings we have been given to listen to the prophet's voice!

mom2beachbums said...

OK I will have to remember this tent idea AWESOME, especially for little boys LOL! Thanks for sharing!