Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Haunting in Maryland

Last September David and I spent a weekend away in Gettysburg. One evening we went on a Ghost Tour and had a fabulous time finding out about all the ghosts that still roam the town. At one "hot spot" I was even able to pick up some orbs on my camera; these orbs are evidently evidence of ghostly presence. When we came home and I started taking pictures of the kids around the house, I noticed that any picture taken in the family room had an orb or two show up on it. I laughed about it, saying that I had brought home some Civil War ghosts with me. They have always been peaceful ghosts, never causing any problems. Every once in awhile, as I sit and read or watch TV in that room, I will swear that I catch some movement out of the corner of my eye but of course when I turn and look, there is nothing there. Then one night, several weeks ago, I was alone in the room and I swear I felt someone sitting on the couch next to me, just looking at me. I must admit it creeped me out! These things have always happened in the family room but yesterday morning, as I was in my bathroom getting ready, I caught some movement out of the corner of my eye. I quickly turned and there they were:





my two little ghosts! Xander yelled, "Boo, Mommy!" and Noah made this "Oooooo" sound. In other homes the kids are scared of ghosts and monsters that they think are lurking in their closets and rooms; in my house, my kids ARE the ghosts and monsters!

6 comments:

mary said...

That was so cute! I waiting to see what was there! I'm a chicken so there better only be "towel covered" ghost that visit my house!

Anonymous said...

Tee Hee Hee!! That is so adorable!! Your kids are so creative, what a fun moment!!

HeavenlyHome said...

Oh, yeah! Those guys are FRIGHTENING! They are so cute, it's scary!

shayla said...

That's great your kids aren't totally freaked by the orbs and ghosts hanging out with you all! We had a ghost in our house too-my kids weren't so brave though when we told them a year later! What darling kiddos! I'm glad you grabbed the camera!

The Clark Family said...

What cuties! Sorry I have been so negligent in commenting on your awesome blogs! What a fun mom you are. And I love Savannah's bike, where did you get it? McKenna needs a new bike badly. Her poor little knees are practically horizontal when she pedals!

Sommer said...

lol how cute are they!!! Man I love your family!